A LOCAL COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION
- We are a small, independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington DC, USA. We have approximately 275 players participating on 13 select teams and 6 Academy teams that play in our Academy program.
- DCYFC is not a company or an individual. It's a neighborhood. Player allegiance is to the club. The boys and girls of the club represent our beautiful city, their neighborhoods and its diverse, multi-cultural lifestyles -- Washington DC.
- 85-90% of our players are DC residents. In addition to representing all parts of the city, our players are from all over the world including Great Britain, France, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Czech Republic, Turkey, Iran, Russia, Ukraine, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Norway, Senegal, Egypt, Kenya, Japan, Peru, Uruguay, Argentina, Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela, Guatemala, Mexico, El Salvador and America,
- We are a unique program geared to improving soccer skills for boys and girls ages 6-14.
- Our ambition is exclusively devoted to the boys and girls of Washington DC and vicinity. We are only interested in your well-being and promoting your desires to improve your soccer skills.
- We are not part of the so-called "Soccer Industrial Complex." We are fiercely independent. We have no ambitions to take-over the local youth soccer scene or grow beyond our core principles of teaching soccer skills to every player who joins our program.
- We believe our system, our training model, our understanding of children and our ability to work with your children is the key to our success. We have no other motive. Our experienced youth soccer coaches are local public school teachers, business owners, students, current and former local college soccer players and young professionals making their mark in the professional world of private, public and nonprofit businesses and organizations.